View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 03:03 AM   #128
Spurred1

Spurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to allSpurred1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCmasta View Post
Dirk has been the leader and superstar for this team as long as i can remember and we've lost and had some of the most shocking/disappointing losses in NBA history. He's not Tim Duncan, he's not Kobe Bryant, he hasn't willed this team to a chip like he should have during that finals run, so why should he make all of these demands and "keep his options open" like he deserves better? Wade was surrounded by guys like Jason Williams, Udonis Haslem, Old Mourning, and somewhat old Shaq. Are you telling me that was better than JET, Howard, Harris, Stackhouse etc? Hell no, but why don't we have a chip right now? It's because Dirk came up short.
No, actually it is because the whole team came up short. I was under the impression that basketball is a team sport. But looks like I was mistaken. Thank God you set me straight.
Finley, then Nash served as the leaders of the team for a number of years. Dirk pretty much became the leader once Nash left. He was the leader when they actually got to the Finals.
This past postseason result isn't solely Dirk's fault. Does he deserve some blame? Sure, but Dirk, Butler, and Roddy showed up while Jet laid another postseason turd, Marion missed bunnies, and Damp managed to not make one single field goal all series. Kidd was essentially absent all series and RC experimented with horrific rotations. Guess Jet bricking away while Roddy should have played is Dirk's fault, too-right?
He hasn't made any demands and simply stated he was keeping his options open which can mean any number of things.
Placing all the blame on one specific person is ridiculous.
Spurred1 is offline   Reply With Quote