View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 10:13 PM   #115
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
They're all the same ones who have been tossed around here for awhile (Iggy, Melo, etc.). I see substantial problems with many of them. At least one is actually quite appealing (Kevin Martin), but we're just not going to get him for Caron and Haywood, or whatever. The Rockets are steadily improving and we'd have to go a lot deeper into our talent pool to make that happen.

It wasn't condescending, it was just doubtful. Call me a pessimist, but I just don't see what the Mavs can do in the current market with an injured Butler as their trade chip. That doesn't mean I'm definitely right, but that was kinda the point: I was hoping that you had some idea I'd missed.

As for Jackson, my whole thing is he doesn't fit the criteria you listed, because he's not a guy who's going to take it to the hoop and get to the line much (which in your own words was the first thing you said, right?). I think he fits some other important criteria very, very well, but he's not any better of a penetrator than Caron.

I'm not necessarily saying it'd be a horrible thing to have him on the squad, but if we're really focused on what you said we needed (which again, I think is probably exactly what we need), I really don't think he's the answer.
Now that Caron is injured I think Jackson and a few of the other mentioned guys are more appealing. I don't think he is the answer in a scenario where were moving a player that is healthy, known to be a good guy and swell in the locker room, doesn't fight in the stands, you know what you are gonna get on the floor even if it's not a perfect fit etc. But in a scenario where Caron is out and may not be back in time or be back at the level he was at all (which we still don't know yet?) Jackson looks really intriguing.

His specialty may not be drive to the hole like a Maggette but I think he can, even if it's only slightly better than Butler. I think he finishes in the paint and at the rim a little better too. He's a better passer as well. He also has an edge about him similar to T.C., the guy has heart and fire. The downside is will he come here and fit in? Not rock the boat and spill crazy all over the place. Chemistry is a big deal here on and off the court. Could he stay within the offense and not jack up shots etc... He might be the most risky of them all, but it could have the biggest reward.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-03-2011 at 10:18 PM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote