View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #22
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Something I think a lot of folks are forgetting is that JJ isn't and never really was a PG. Now it's true that in Carlisle's system, guards (and wings in general) don't really have defined positions, I would say that JJ is a guy who would be playing next to Devin more often than he'd be taking his minutes.

I would be okay with signing Barea and waiving Mekel, I guess, but honestly the move doesn't excite me that much. Barea is great if you can give him 20MPG and free reign to drive and create chaos, but I don't see where those opportunities come from on this roster if everyone's healthy. Combine that with the fact that Dirk and Tyson (one season) are the only guys on this roster that have played with JJ... I honestly think I'd rather just keep Mekel, who has played with all of these guys and was showing some growth and value during the preseason. Maybe if we replaced Felton instead, I'd be cool with it, but to cut bait on Mekel, who we've invested a lot of time in, just to bring back Barea, who might not really have a clear role here... I don't know. I wouldn't absolutely hate the move but I wouldn't be that excited about it either.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote