View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #106
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Hamlin probably gone, Flozell might be next

Quote:
Ken Hamlin indicates his run with Cowboys is over

If Twitter is to be believed, Ken Hamlin is no longer a Cowboy.

Hamlin made the announcement via his Twitter account:

"I would like to say to all of my fans that I appreciate all the love that you have showed me in Dallas. It was a good run..... Thanks"

A source indicated that a move would happen but nothing official has come from the team. After missing the first day of the off-season conditioning program on Monday, Hamlin had been working out at Valley Ranch every day since.

Hamlin was scheduled to make $5.596 million this year with $1.09 million guaranteed remaining on the contract he signed in 2008. Hamlin joined the Cowboys in 2007 on a one-year deal and made the Pro Bowl after picking off a career-high five passes and making 102 tackles.

Since signing the six-year, $39 million deal, Hamlin had just one interception. His value was more as a quarterback presence in the secondary than a playmaker the last two seasons.

If Hamlin is released, the Cowboys have Alan Ball, who started three games in Hamlin's absence last season because of an ankle sprain, and Mike Hamlin as in-house candidates at free safety. It's possible they could look in the first round at safety. They visited this week with Georgia Tech's Morgan Burnett and South Florida's Nate Allen and like Texas' Earl Thomas. LSU's Chad Jones also visited this week.

Hamlin and veteran tackle Flozell Adams have been viewed as possible candidates to be cut this off-season. Without an extended collective bargaining agreement, the Cowboys can cut a player and not worry about salary-cap ramifications. Adams is scheduled to make a $5 million base salary with a $2.5 million roster bonus due in June.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote