View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 11:20 PM   #2
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

The Mavs are what they are.

That's a mediocre, over the hill squad. Its a little reminiscent to what the Kings went though I guess.

Now the question is, do we continue to be mediocre? Or do we blow this thing up sooner rather than later to start the rebuilding process?

I'd go with option B. I'm not sure there's anything worse than being that team "right in the middle." A team that was once really good but either go old, lost confidence, traded away young talent... or in our case, all of the above.

I think ownership and the players alike still see themselves as contenders, but I think we're smart enough to know, that time has passed us. The league has evolved, while we have have not.

Now where do we start in the rebuilding process? That I don't know. I'd really, really hate to trade Dirk, but he'd without a doubt attain the most amount of value. Who knows where Josh's trade values at. And other than those two, do we really have a good tradeable asset on our team? Maybe Kidd or Stack with their huge expiring contracts, but I think we should hold onto those to start to get this cap situation more in our favor.