View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #34
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I'm wondering why you are not. It is after all, costing the public so much in the way of cancer treatment for too much sun, and in the way of treatment for depression for too little.
it would be interesting if you can actually show these "costs"...
doubt if they exist tho.

Quote:
Thanks for making my point. Just because someone runs a study saying coffee is not unhealthy doesn't mean its true. (and why would you argue this point, since you already conceded that too much of anything is unhealthy???
no, your point remains illogical.
the detrimental health affects of smoking are indisputable, even the tobacco industry acknowledges they exist, and they exist not only for the smoker but also for those exposed to the smoke. not only that but they are an elective choice.
to suggest they don't exist, which you did, is ridiculous.

Quote:
no, they made a deal to exchange for the goods. You don't like the fact that they are only exchanging a few dollars, but that's different than just taking.
your attempt to put the connotation of "taking" as in emminent domain is clearly not what was the intent. "taking" as in extracting.

Quote:
uh, thanks for the analogy. If I did make that deal, should I be able to go to the person years from now, and demand a share of their profits if they are making a bunch of money off of it?
you didn't answer my question btw. should I presume the answer is no?

the answer to your question is yes, if there were a way to adjust a bad deal why not utilize that opportunity? anybody given that opportunity would be a fool to not take advantage.

it happens every day in business.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote