View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #120
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
If Caron is out for the year, we obviously have to do something. Whether it's Jackson or whatever. Earlier, I was speaking in the context of what we do if Butler is out for awhile, but not the whole season.

He definitely finishes better, but I don't think he's any better of a penetrator. He gets more FTA's right now because he handles the ball a lot more, which you also see in his TO numbers. We all get pretty frustrated with Butler's random turnovers, and he averages about 1.5 a game. S-Jax averages an astounding 3.5 turnovers per game. That's absolutely awful. You'd have to assume that number comes down if he comes here and is handling the ball less, but you know if you watch him play that the dude is downright careless with the ball at times. That's not going to change.

Chemistry...I have no idea, honestly. That's a dicey proposition. He could really screw up the locker room vibe. On the other hand, he is scary, and I mean that in a good way. I know these guys are all NBA players, but facing off against a guy like that absolutely gets in your head.

Bottom line, I'd do it if Butler is out for the year, simply because we don't have enough years left on this train to not maximize each one. But I'd be very, very hesistant if there's a chance we can have Butler back and ready for the postseason.
Yep. I think we're in a position where it has to almost be guaranteed that he'll be ok and back for the playoffs. If word comes back that the injury is one where it's questionable that he comes back before the playoffs or maybe he could play but it depends on how he heals it leaves mbt in a very difficult position. The trade deadline will come and go before you know it and there won't be any going back once it's past. No do-overs if he isn't ready to roll at the end of the reg season.

I like Butler, I mean he seems like a good guy and I hate to up and move a guy like that who is willing to do almost anything for your team that just had some horrible luck but this is about Dirk to me. If Dirk is fully healthy and good to go surely you have to make a move to keep things going. Imo, not for Melo for half a season but make a move for a few more years of Dirk ideally.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote