Thread: ISO 9002
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2003, 09:37 PM   #2
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: ISO 9002

First of all, that the company who made it, has an obsolete quality system.

I will explain.

The ISO 9000 standards are a series of rules that companies who want to be certified for having a quality system running in their main processes, must follow to control the quality of their products through controlling the processes. Companies who demonstrate that their system based in those rules are complying, receive a registration from an authorized auditing institution. "Certified" means to have been Registered.

Before the 2000 year, the registration could have the 9001, 9002, or 9003 tag associated, according with the level of control of the quality system.

But, after that year, the registration is only issued with the 9001 standard.

However, companies who had the old system have a 3 years period to make the transition. (Then don't worry till December [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img])

The ISO 9000 series were planned for industrial plants that were suppliers for another industries, but now companies that sell for the last consumer, can also be registered. That's why the general public isn't aware yet of the meaning of the certificate. But this might change.

More questions? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]