View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004, 10:37 AM   #115
uberfan
Golden Member

uberfan has a spectacular aura aboutuberfan has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Vince Carter rumor

Quote:
Originally posted by: Poindexter Einstein
Nope. Next in line will be Nazr Mohammd, their REAL target on the Knicks (not KT).

Remember - if, and only if it happens, that is [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] - you heard it here FIRST.
Nope, I have been posting that one on here and other boards for weeks. Been blasted about it, too.

Nazr, Scot Pollard, and Diop are the types of players that Donnie hinted about yesterday.

As to Nazr, he would be my first choice on this list. There is a reason that Zeke has not been shopping him but has been throwing out KT and Mutombo out in trade scenarios.

And for those that are concerned that Dampier will drop back in production from last year once he gets a bigger contract, well Nazr solves that problem. He is signed for 2 more years at a reasonable contract (especially after this offseason) is 26 years old, and provides the kind of production we need for at least 20 minutes a game in a rotation with our other centers.

Mavs may have to wait until Dampier is settled somewhere before the next Mavs deal gets done.

Atlanta is supposedly talking to him now starting at $9mm per.
uberfan is offline   Reply With Quote