Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 10:58 AM   #443
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

My first reaction was, "Hell NO!". Why give up two hard-working starters for a likely half year rental? I have enjoyed watching both Spence and DoDo and would hate to see them go. Kyrie is nothing but trouble.

After being royally pissed off for several hours, I began to think more rationally and played back my memory of how this team has been playing all season. It has been painful and the MBT needed to do something that would give Luka some relief. I don't especially like Kyrie on the Mavs but there is no doubt he fits the need for a second all-star and ball handler. If he leaves this summer and the Mavs get nothing in return, well then the Mavs will be in full rebuild and it might best if that comes sooner rather than later. Hopefully, the Mavs will make another trade or two and be able to compete in the playoffs. Let's hope. I am in wait and see mode. At least this shakes things up a bit. Praying for more trades!