Thread: Trade deadline
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2023, 02:09 PM   #461
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Going to be an unpopular opinion, but I can understand why we don?t want Wood. In the modern NBA he?s a 5, but defensively he?s very much a 4. Mavs want a defensive 5 at the 5 they can put Luka, Kyrie, and two wings around.
I'm not married to Wood either myself.

Last I remember we were "opening discussions" in early January for his extension and if we couldn't come to an agreement he would be traded to avoid another brunson situation where he leaves for nothing.

I think we only were offering 2 years... why would someone at 27yrs old be interested in that... he could get 4 from a lot of teams I'd imagine. 2yr offer doesn't sound like they want him all that much imo and were more trying to preserve his value for future trades.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote