View Single Post
Old 11-08-2003, 09:13 PM   #40
thebac

thebac is on a distinguished road
Default RE:George Karl says Rasheed Wallace a Mav?

Several things about Bonzi to the Mavs:

a) not going to happen

b) what he did to Fin a while back

c) if that's not enough, read this transcript of an interview with the Oregonian:

Wells apologizes -- for whatever it was he did

11/05/03

The following is a transcript of Bonzi Wells' exchange with reporters on Tuesday at the Trail Blazers' practice facility in Tualatin:

Q: Can you comment on Monday's game?

A: We lost. Tough game.

Q: What about the incident with the fan?

A: It was a tough game last night. I wish we could have won. That's about it.

Q: Did you flip off a fan, Bonzi?

A: I don't remember nothing like that, but if I did, I was probably wrong. But I don't remember doing nothing like that. I black out sometimes. (He winks).

Q: You also didn't remember spitting on Danny Ferry.

A: Why do you have to bring up old stuff all the time? Why can't we talk about good stuff sometimes, man?

Q: If you did flip off a fan last night, if your memory does come back, would you apologize?

A: Oh, definitely. When my memory comes back, I will. But, you know, I black out and have black flashes sometimes.

Q: Is your memory about ready to come back?

A: Yeah, I mean, there was something.

Q: Three games into the season and here we go again.

A: Here we go again, huh? It's another season. If something like that did happen, then I do apologize. But, you know, if that fan was a little more professional, you know, I probably wouldn't have had to do that. If I would have been a little more professional, I wouldn't have put myself in this position. So, if I did do something like that, I do apologize, but, you know, frustration sets in sometimes and you do frustrating things.

Q: What did the guy say?

A: I don't know. Something petty. Something that happened yesterday that's over with. It's in the past, and all I got to do is look forward to my future.

Q: Was it anything racial?

A: I don't know, because I don't think there's a racist person in Portland, so I don't really want to go there.

Q: You talked before the season about being more mature. What happened?

A: You try, man. I tried, brother, but I'll tell you, I'm not going to be 100 percent perfect. I told you I'm going to have a 10 percent lapse sometimes.

Q: This is not going to come across well with the fans. Why not own up to your actions?

A: C'mon, man. Y'all can't keep baiting, man. You're not going to bait me into doing something or saying something retarded. I mean, it happened, it's over, and we lost the game. We play Memphis tomorrow. If y'all want to talk about Memphis, we can. Let's just get past this.

Q: So, there was an incident?

A: All right, thanks fellas.

Interview Link

Not sure if I want someone like that on the Mavs, though I sure like the talent. Right now, the interview is hilarious b/c he's not on the Mavs, but if you have to read the same interview in the DMN and he plays for the Mavs, I can tell you, I won't be laughing.