View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #22
riDIRKulous41

riDIRKulous41 is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Legitimate Trade with Utah

I don't disagree with you, I'm not looking for an "Amare stopper" because as you stated, he lit up SA and they still won the series 4-1. But SA played him honest for the most part. he did his damage one on one. We don't have anyone that can play him straight up and not foul out in 15 minutes. We need to add a big athlete that can play defense. Even if Amare goes off for 40 against us, we will be playing him straight up, meaning we aren't leaving their shooters (Jim Jackson anyone?) all alone for wide open jumpers.
I don't expect anyone to "stop" him. It is how we approach them that concerns me and on this team the only alternative I see is MAYBE Mbenga. He is the only guy on the team with the size and athleticism to even try and guard Amare one on one. His development could be key.

I'm just looking at a scenario where we move into the draft and take someone. Cuban made mention on the radio recently that they have some young guys they are watching. With no draft pick this year, they will have to be looking at some kind of move to get someone, unless he is talking an undrafted free agent, which isn't really reaching very high, not his style. Either they are looking at moving into the draft (via trade of course) to draft someone, or there is a young guy out there on the trade block that he and Donnie have an interest in. When I heard that, I started looking at potential trade partners. Utah is someone we have dealt with in the past (of course, so is Boston, Atlanta, Golden State, New York, Washington, Milwaukee, and New Jersey...lol). The Utah connection to Terry is what intrigued me. They made a run at him in the past. If they can't move up to get one of the 2 PGs they really like, getting Terry may be their alternative.

Jeez...I mean, we are talking about speculation of what CUBAN might do...lol. Nobody really knows anyway. Its all just fun and games, but we will know alot more in about 36 hours.

riDIRKulous41 is offline   Reply With Quote