Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 05:28 PM   #376
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I'm really confused to how his stock dropped to the 2nd round when he was considered a top 5 prospect in high school.

So if they allowed for him to enter the draft out of high school he would've been a top 5 pick. Has solid production against NBA level talent in G League and now he's a 2nd rounder.

I mean even if he did bust he's a 2nd round pick its just a very odd story. I mean I've seen it happen before...typically the G League doesn't hurt these guys stock. Ahh well...our fortune.
How many guys jump from the G League right from high school though? I feel like it's an extremely small sample size. I think people just looked just looked at his lousy percentages and wrote him off. FWIW, Nico says he and the front office were amazed that team after team kept passing on him. They expected him to lik 18 or 19, or at the very most, late in the 1st.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote