View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 03:41 PM   #41
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I think that the main problem is not so much with Parsons but how he fits into RC offense. I just don't see him fit well. He is average or slightly above average in all areas but I haven't seen him being great at anything particular. He might be good at passing the ball but RC hasn't really explored it. Parsons had great assists numbers when he was playing for Rockets but I wasn't really paying any attention to him then. It could've very well be that he was used better there.

More often then not, when Parsons gets the ball, Mavs' offense stagnates. It may still be that he is getting used to all the plays and new teammates. Almost nobody is still accustomed to McGee because nobody is throwing lobs for him - which he has been looking for a lot.

I am not for Noah-Parsons swap though. As much as I'd like to see Noah as a Mav, you can't waste Parsons and not get back any decent SF. Mavs need a defensive SF who's able to hit threes. One of the reasons why Aminu isn't here - which is sad because he has been lights out for three in Portland. Not sure why Mavs didn't explore the idea of keeping Aminu and trading Parsons for picks or something of value.

I'm not sure how Parsons' trade value is going to be affected. Right now he should still be valuable because people consider him injured. If his play continues to be like this until trade deadline, he won't get anything of value back. If he improves his play, then that would end this topic. I do believe his value is currently around Noah's though. Both are having injuries and are struggling.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote