View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #58
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

I'd just like to clarify my stance, just in case. For whatever reason the hate / dislike of Parsons is growing.

Parsons is earning his salary. Under current CBA he is being overpaid. Once new kicks in, he is getting pretty much his worth.

My main problem with Parsons is his defense. I haven't kept my eyes on him during recent games but a month or so back there were quite a few instances where he didn't box out and gave offensive rebounds for the other teams. He can play defense in fourth quarter, I've seen it in the past, but for whatever reason he skips these duties for other times.

I just don't think he fits the RC system. Also with the size he has, Parsons should be involved in low post plays. When's the last time he posted up someone? If ever. I know this isn't his main game but if he isn't using his size, what good is it for then? Certainly he isn't using it on defense.

In suitable system Parsons would be great, but unless he works on it, he'll never be the 1st or perhaps even the 2nd option.

RC and Mavs need someone more like Marion who was defense first. Offensively Parsons is same and then some but can you really outscore elite teams?

Oh, and I'm not calling for trading Parsons right now. I just think that out of major players, he's the one that can be touched. I have no issues with others. And certainly I wouldn't trade Parsons if you are not getting back decent wing player.

This being said, I have to admit I find it silly when people call for trading someone but can't even give a realistic trade example to give some input into discussion. To trade someone just because makes no sense to me.

PS! And man, is here someone who wouldn't trade Parsons for Aminu right now?
PS2! I think Aminu and Crowder are notable examples what I mean by Parsons not fitting RC system. You could clearly see it last year after the Rondo trade how Parsons was really out of place and used badly. Don't you find that rebounding defensive wing that's able to pop occasional threes is just the thing RC needs?

Last edited by Thebo; 01-03-2016 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Aminu
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote