View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 09:48 PM   #59
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to allBigDog63 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
As I have mentioned in some of my posts...I just don't see Parsons as #1 or even #2. He is a very good overall player...BUT I have never seen him take a shot and said...I KNOW that's going in.

I think the Mavs only keep him at a similar salary that he is getting now or lesser...even though he will probably look for more with the cap going up.

Parsons would be the perfect option to have on a team that has a clear #1 ans #2 guy and I think the Mavs will look for that over the next few years. If Parson has an issue with that which I expect he will, then I see him going somewhere else.

ANY THOUGHTS
The Mavs didn't pick Parsons to be a #1. Not sure if they expected him to be a #2 or not. He is more of a good all around player, whereas a 1 or 2 would be fill it up offensive threats.

As for the contract, while I do think the Mavs (Cuban) overpaid, I also think they did their contracts anticipating NBA salary cap and salaries to be rising. Making a contract that might look too high now look pretty good at the end.

Currently, I think Matthews contracts is more out of line than Parsons, although he has more potential to be a #2 scorer.

The Mavs will make due consideration of Parsons, and everyone else's, salary at the appropriate time. Personally, I'm more concerned with how Parsons, and the others, play until then. The best problem the Mavs to have would be how to handle the contracts of all their overachieving players.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote