View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 06:19 AM   #72
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodir41 View Post
i could live with his overall play...BUT that dude will never get his shot right...just way to flat...he has dirk, wes and Holger around him and cant get that right!!!

I JUST CANT UNDERSTAND THAT
Just to clarify to others who perhaps don't understand why the complaining is taking place. Complaints are because he has made no improvements to his game.

Personally, I'm willing to give a pass on that right now. Most gains are made during off-season and so far Parsons has had only one healthy off-season with the Mavs and this was when he first got to Dallas. He didn't have much chance during last season with all this Rondo hype and people trying to improve him. I guess Holger will be in Dallas this season for 2 weeks again and one name I want to see with him is Parsons.

We are steadily coming to a point where people start asking how much has to go wrong for Parsons until he realizes he has to do something about it? He said that he'll be ready in January. Well, January is here...

We'll see what happens but if some good name comes available before trade deadline, then Mavs should have no problem involving Parsons in that conversation. I am personally willing to live with him unless there are realistic replacement ideas - like the one I made - and I have no problem seeing him in Mavs uniform next October. If he doesn't improve his game during the summer of 2016, then I'd like to see him gone for at least one 1st round draft pick. I'm sure a lot of teams are going to have loads of free cap space next Fall.

I think some people are forgetting how old Parsons really is because he is relatively young in terms of his NBA career. Parsons is 27, next October he'll be 28. He is entering his prime and only god knows what kind of prime that will be - I think in right system he could do well. He is a ball stopper and this doesn't fit Mavs' style.

Aminu is almost exactly 2 years younger, developed 3 point shot during summer and is prime example what the Mavs need. AND he is yet to enter his prime.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote