View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 07:57 AM   #74
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

The guy has to play better, a lot better I want to stress that before I follow it up.

I don't know about others but I defend the guy because he's always trashed on. Last year he wasn't awful at all and had to adjust a lot and still found a way to be productive, that's where his value is. He's not a star player, ppl really need to get over his salary... It's been said so many times it's nauseating, but he's only paid like he is because of restricted free agency and the timing of this spike in salary cap. He's not going to produce like a guy being paid 15m used to produce. He doesn't have one single elite skill, therefore he will never be a star, it's rly pretty simple. So his salary and his production in correlation to that salary and now his injury, he's a pretty easy target.

I always compared him to Hayward when he was in Houston but with less upside because Hayward was younger and Hayward looked fluid. Parsons doesn't look fluid at anything really. His shot is ugly his drives are slow but he makes it work so I always thought he was just below that. I thought he was better off ball and Hayward was better with it in his hands. Parsons whole value is that in a pinch he can do anything you need. Despite ppl wanting him to rebound more he rebounds fine at a little more than 5 a game, same as a guy like Ariza. He is an average defender although right now he is a step below that with his injury. His versatility is his best asset which is why he fits every offense including ours. If all we want is another catch and shoot player then we will end up shooting more 3's than any NBA team because we are already pretty close. Guys like Ariza and Danny green are playing absolutely awful so I feel like we dodged a bullet there tbh as I wanted Green or Matthews before FA started.

On Aminu... I miss the guy too but he's being sensationalized a bit I think. He had a role here off the bench where he put all his effort into that role. As a starter in Portland he isn't that same player. He is still probably the best rebounding SF in the NBA but that wouldn't do us any good this season. RC has stated several times that outside of the center nobody is to crash the boards on offense. That takes away a lot of Aminu's value and we were 5th in the NBA at defensive rebounding last I checked so while he would add some it's not an area of need. His 3pt shot is vastly improved and still isn't as good as healthy Parsons is. In fact Aminu's eFG is exactly the same as this broken shot Parsons is this season. So while improved as a shooter he has only improved to the point of being as good as a broken Parsons.

---Edit---
In the spirit of being a little more thorough and to avoid a cherry picking situation I will say that Aminu has a TS% of .522 to Parsons .502 currently this season, so he's slightly better than a broken Parsons actually. ---Edit---

https://rotogrinders.com/pages/nba-a...touches-201728

I go here for fantasy type stuff for touches and stuff to see who gets the ball in their hands for value picks and such... Parsons gets the ball slightly more than catch and shoot players like Ariza. Meanwhile Hayward and other point forwards have it more than double Parsons does and some up to 4 times as much. Indicating that he is still playing mostly off ball for us. I have no lineup stats for usage and such but from watching the last few games I'd wager he gets the ball in his hands more when McGee is on the floor as he seems most comfortable when he has a roll man like he had with DH12 in houston.

But again, all things aside, the dude needs to play better period.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-09-2016 at 08:24 AM. Reason: looked at some more stuffz.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote