View Single Post
Old 01-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #76
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Parsons gets the ball slightly more than catch and shoot players like Ariza. Meanwhile Hayward and other point forwards have it more than double Parsons does and some up to 4 times as much. Indicating that he is still playing mostly off ball for us. I have no lineup stats for usage and such but from watching the last few games I'd wager he gets the ball in his hands more when McGee is on the floor as he seems most comfortable when he has a roll man like he had with DH12 in houston.
That's what I mean by Parsons not fitting RC system. RC needs catch and shoot small forward but Parsons isn't the type. The time Rondo spent in Dallas last season showed that. How many ball dominant players actually fare well in RC system?

Before this season begun I had high hopes that D-Will and Parsons will be handling the ball a lot. However this isn't how Mavs go by. I think Parsons would fare a lot better in a system that Bulls run - at least the games I've seen.

I don't think anyone has problems with his salary also. It is just the next thing to pick about him. People are having problems with his attitude. If he was hustling in every play and defending well, people would nag less about his poor shooting. Matthews didn't get much hate when he was shooting poorly because he was giving his all on defense.

Problem I have with Parsons, is that I saw him performing really well defensively last season. But all these moments were in 4th quarter. He gives his all 'when it matters most' and this season he doesn't even get to play during those times.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote