Thread: C.J.Miles
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 07:34 PM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

C.J. to stay?

After three seasons with the Jazz, C.J. Miles describes himself as almost like brothers with Williams. Miles, Ronnie Brewer and Paul Millsap are the "Three Amigos," so described because if you see one of them, you'll likely see all three.
His first preference would be to stay with the Jazz, but Miles is expected to go through a second summer as a restricted free agent. The Jazz are expected to tender him a $1.2 million qualifying offer that would enable them to match any deal Miles would sign.
"Of course, I feel like right now the best thing for me is to be able to play consistently and more minutes to help myself and my game to be able to grow even more," Miles said. "I think I've shown as far as the coaches and especially to myself that I can play in this league."
Miles, 21, averaged 5.0 points in 11.3 minutes this season, often bouncing from the starting lineup as an injury replacement to the 11th man on the bench.
With his free-agent future uncertain, Miles opted not to play in the Rocky Mountain Revue last summer. Miles said he didn't think the Jazz would ask him to play in this year's summer league.
The Jazz have a surplus of young shooting guards with Brewer, Kyle Korver and Morris Almond, which could leave Miles expendable. "You could look at that that way," Sloan said, "but you can't throw away your future just because of numbers."
Counting Miles, the Jazz would have 14 players under contract. O'Connor prefers not to fill the 15th spot on the roster in case he has to take back an extra player in a two-for-one trade. The Jazz also own the No. 23 pick in the June 26 draft.

That's from the SLC Tribune.
I say go after him as hard as you can. He's worth it.