Thread: C.J.Miles
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #12
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Hey good News Guys!

C.J. Miles plans to test market
2:38 PM Mon, May 19, 2008 |
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

A regular emailer sent me this link from the Salt Lake Tribune because of the news that The Colony's Deron Williams expects to sign a five-year extension with the Jazz. He figured MFFLs should know that the elite point guard wouldn't be suiting up for his hometown team anytime soon, but I was more interested in the second note about another local kid.

The Mavs acquiring Williams would be a pipe dream at best, but Skyline alum C.J. Miles coming to Dallas could be realistic.

His first preference would be to stay with the Jazz, but Miles is expected to go through a second summer as a restricted free agent. The Jazz are expected to tender him a $1.2 million qualifying offer that would enable them to match any deal Miles would sign. "Of course, I feel like right now the best thing for me is to be able to play consistently and more minutes to help myself and my game to be able to grow even more," Miles said. "I think I've shown as far as the coaches and especially to myself that I can play in this league."

Miles, 21, averaged 5.0 points in 11.3 minutes this season, often bouncing from the starting lineup as an injury replacement to the 11th man on the bench.

I've already lobbied for Miles, who would immediately be the Mavs' most athletic shooting guard. If Mark Cuban and Co. split the midlevel exception between Miles and Gana Diop, they'll get great reviews from this here blog.