Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2016, 03:06 AM   #135
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Not that I think it'll happen but the only silver lining I see in that that ludicrous JJB contract is he can be stretch waived as its a four yr deal.

And if one more person says "but the cap explosion!" I'm gonna lose my shit. That extra 7mil(my memory numbers may be off?) or so given to Wes and JJB that we'll be lacking this summer is going to be huge.
Yeah I also doubt they stretch JJ. And out of the guys I listed only Dwill is less than a "lock" due to him most likely wanting more than his player option. I do think he wants to stay and looking at the pg market only Conley, Clarkson, and Jennings are guys that are near or above his level(not going to count rondo obviously). Clarkson is restricted and plays for LA so idk what to make of him. Conley will require significantly more money and I'd much rather have Dwill than Jennings. So I think the two sides stay together personally. As for the Centers I'm not confident any of them return. No idea what Zaza's market will be but he fits IMO what a lot of teams would like to have and I think we pursue DH12. McGee can't crack rotation now, so I'm not confident he returns. Salah barely plays as well and we just took a flyer on David Lee at the 5 not the 4 so clearly RC isn't enamored with him(especially in conjunction with Powell playing ahead of him some nights). IMO if Salah or McGee is here next year it would mean we failed in free agency(again).

--Edit--
Yeah that extra money is gonna prevent us from something I'm sure, whether it means renouncing someone to get a player or not having enough to get quality bench players which we sorely need.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-23-2016 at 03:08 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote