View Single Post
Old 11-26-2004, 07:27 AM   #75
bloodyhell

bloodyhell is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Mavs vs Spurs gameday thread - without Dirk

>We can't pass the ball, and when we do it is a weak pass and the defender has time to get in position.

Great point and we're not moving off the ball either.

>Dirk's only play seems to be a post up on the elbow.

Which is attributed in your first point. i.e. Can't pass the ball, move the ball and move off the ball part and get other options.
Which essentially leaves dirk very little options. As I have said all season, We will need to get the ball to dirk in better spots and get him easier shots. Because when we do not do this, dirk is forced to either pass the ball to someone(and then it is usually bricked) or settle for tougher shots which will hurt him unless he is always hot.

>WE NEED SOMEONE TO RUN THE OFFENSE. If not, It is going to be a long season. No more Daniels at the point.
Harris passes well at times but makes bad decisions, and Terry is a undersized 2 gaurd.

As i've said all year and no one has listened. We need a decent guard who can create, shoot accuratly and get our team going again with great movement.

>We may want to think about trading for a point guard now so this team can gel.

i'd love to have jason kidd.