Thread: Dal/Mem/NO/Utah
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 04:39 PM   #10
Dalhoop

Dalhoop has a spectacular aura aboutDalhoop has a spectacular aura about
Default RE:Dal/Mem/NO/Utah

Quote:
My wording in this post and my first post could be better. What I want to ask is does everyone feel comfortable with Damp/Bradley in relation to their contracts/production/how they are used or would you make this trade in order to shorten some contracts and provide some short term solutions at center with the hope that one of the young guys or a pick develops in a couple of years?

That Bradley was not used against one of the strongest most active big man in the league does not surprise me, he was effective against Yao. It is not his fault that he cant guard T-Mac, Carter, or any other poster person, maybe if the person guarding those guys would stop waving at them as they drive to the lane then ......sorry.

The Mavs don't need big numbers from the center position. 10/10/2 at center with a big body is really all we do need, and we have that. The 10+ years of searching for a big body at center is over, we don't need Shaq (indeed, he would take too many shoots from his teammates). Bradley as a backup center is PERFECT. He comes in, alters shots, and doesn't complain about minutes (all this for a low price by today's standards).

Like it or not, the Mavs signed Dampier to a long contract. Right now it looks to be a dangerous contract, but at the time Bradley's new contract looked to be insane 5 years ago. Foyal (spelling?) was signed to a 10 million a year contract last summer, history tells us that salaries go up, not down. Who is to say that 5 years from now Dampier's contract would not be a bargain for a big bodies center? Foyal's contract makes Bradley's 5M a year look like a master stroke.
Dalhoop is offline   Reply With Quote