Thread: LOST: SEASON 5
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:36 AM   #76
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Good stuff. However, the major influx of time travel makes my head spin. I love the Desmond stuff, but it sure seems like they explained the rules of time travel and then broke them immediately by killing those people on the island.
I am really struggling to explain this...I keep typing things and deleting it...

I disagree that killing those people breaks that rule. Before the wheel was ever turned, in the islands past, those soldier people were killed by some mysterious redneck, psycho, and fertility doctor they found out in the jungle.

I took Daniels explanation to be that they can only do what they are predestined to do. They've already technically done these things and it's probably already had an affect on their lives after the crash. Or, if you like, they cannot do anything that directly affects anything that they've seen in the islands future. Meaning that in the next few episodes, when, I assume they will see themselves, they couldn't talk to themselves, not even if they tried really hard.

Desmond seems to be the exception to this rule.

Although...the Ethan/Locke meeting. That seemed to have violated the rule because we saw no evidence that Ethan recognized Locke in season 1. Maybe he did and we just didn't know it.

Prediction: Locke travels back in time far enough to alert Richard of his existence and destiny before Locke is born on the mainland, and that's how Richard knew where to find him when he was a boy.

All of this we're seeing has already happened, so to speak.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 01-23-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote