View Single Post
Old 04-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #24
atrewsfan
Banned

atrewsfan will become famous soon enoughatrewsfan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
If Dirk's out like MFF and Mary said, we're screwed. The Kings weren't screwed because they didn't have a backup for Webber when he went down lol. They were screwed because their best player went down with a injury. There's no Dirk replacements out there. Not Shawn Kemp, not Laettnern or any other has-been.
Not to belabor the point as the flies are starting to swarm around this one which is my fault, but I'm not saying we need someone as good as Dirk to back him up lol. All I'm saying is that it would cushion the blow a wee bit if we had a decent backup who could step in for Dirk at PF if he went down just like if SAC had had a decent backup to Webber back then who could replicate his production to even a tiny degree. I just want to hedge our bets. I know the odds of Dirk going down during the stretch are slim, but he did go down in the playoffs before and it killed us and I'm just a little leery of Powell or M'Benga having to be forced into a starting role in the playoffs. I guess I'm just paranoid. I'll shut it now...
atrewsfan is offline   Reply With Quote