Thread: The Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 12:56 AM   #577
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

So my sister is on a date with this guy or something. She texts me:

"Trivia question: What is the only world capital named after a US President other than Washington?"

I immediately answer Monrovia, Liberia, because that's easy.

Her response: "Haha. This guy I'm with wants to go head to head with you. Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?"

I'm thinking, how old is this guy, eight? I answer the question literally. "Grant and his wife."

She says, "He wants to talk to you. He wants to ask you questions."

My response is basically that that would be incredibly dumb. Each of us could ask the other a million questions that the other doesn't know, because knowledge is obviously a relative thing. That he didn't understand that, though, basically told me that this dude is an idiot.

She, of course, comes back with "Grant and his wife are entombed there. No one is buried there, youngin'."

I slap myself in the face and text her, "Tell this ****tard dip**** to look up the definition of the word 'buried' and then he can start participating in adult conversation."

"He says the definition says you have to be below ground to be buried."

I have my dad look up 'bury' in our unabridged Webster's International Dictionary, and of course, the answer is, "to cover out of sight, as a corpse, in a grave, a tomb, or the ocean."

I get no response for a while. I eventually ask if he's too embarrassed to say anything, and I get this:

"You have a great command of the English language. I'm sure you'll go far in life."

This is a guy who decides to be condescending to me after playing a game that eight year olds do with their uncles at family reunions.

God, people are so freaking stupid.