View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #27
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I would have liked to see a slider, but I don't agree that it was right down the middle. It was on the outer half and at the knees. I thought it was a quality pitch, and off the bat I thought that was an out. And with that kind of contact, it's an out most of the time. Just got lucky. Sucks.
Come on... It was a low fastball. It would have been called a strike - borderline, but a strike. You do NOT throw a strike in that situation. Hell, you don't throw a borderlilne strike that might get barely called a ball in that situation. That is my point.

He regularly does it and I would LOVE to see the stat showing how many base hits are allowed up 0-2. Dude would have to lead the league. Not like this is anything new and he avoided damage in the first two rounds, but he just attacks, attacks, attacks. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Must learn how to pitch SMART. He obviously can pitch and can throw and obviously he has great stuff.

That pitch isn't why we lost, but it definitely played its role in preventing us from winning.