View Single Post
Old 04-01-2021, 01:51 PM   #76
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I've been saying KP goes long stretches of games without getting touches.

They will feed him in the 1st qtr and then after that it becomes every man for themselves.

He's usually standing around watching THJ, Richardson and Brunson all go shot hunting.

And as you mentioned Luka's dribbling for 20 seconds every possession of the 4th qtr's is part of the reason this offense gets stagnant so often down the stretch of games.

Carlisle refuses to call set plays and when you have a young team like that which is turnover prone in the clutch you can help them out by calling plays that put them in a position to succeed

Posting Luka or KP is better than having guys jack up 3 point shots from damn near halfcourt on 5 straight possessions vs a team like Boston who basically had no bigs or rim protection.

Also it's getting real bothersome to know that anytime a team applies pressure to Dallas ball handlers they cough it up.

This has been going on since last year so whose coaching this team to adjust and improve in those situations.

They will likely cough up 1-2 1st round playoff games because of the same issues and as fans we will say dsmn the Mavs could have won that series if only they could have protected the ball or attacked the rim more late in games.
I agree about Luka dribbling the air out of the ball and the rest of the guys just stand around and watch. Too predictable. RC could’ve brought Burke in— actually the perfect opportunity for the Brunson/Burke backcourt we all loathe so. And I agree with everyone who said hardly playing KP in the 4th was an odd decision. We had no rim protection.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote