View Single Post
Old 04-09-2022, 09:13 PM   #103
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I agree about Phoenix. I think they are a tier above every other team. I don’t think Milwaukee improved and they let PJ Tucker walk inexplicably. GS been banged up. Can’t really see Philly or Boston taking them out. I’ve thought we were headed for Phoenix v. Miami for most of this year. The two deepest, most well rounded teams. Which sucks as I really dislike Chris Paul but I absolutely loathe the Heat franchise. So I guess I would be rotting pretty hard for The Suns?
I respect Paul too much to dislike him. To still be this good at his age, and to still bring a winning culture with him wherever he goes, and to do it despite only being 6'0. When you list the greatest "pure" point guards of all time- meaning guys who are definitely point guards and not mutli-position guys like Magic, or combo guards like Steph- he has a very strong case for GOAT. Isiah Thomas is probably #1, but is right behind him along with guys like Nash, Kidd, and Stockton. I'd actually rank Paul slightly ahead of all of three of those guys.

I don't have anyone in the East to root for, so once the Mavs are eliminated, I probably will root for Phoenix.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 04-09-2022 at 09:15 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote