View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #53
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Well, first of all, a solid shot is far from guaranteed on any possession.

The point, though, is that 2 shots are almost always better than 1. That's backed up by a ton of statistical data points.

And besides the fact of statistics, just think about it logically. Why wouldn't you choose one rushed possession and one solid, stable possession over just the one solid, stable possession?

The extra, rushed shot is a bonus, so why would you ever turn it down?
I guess it is my preference. A solid 2 pointer puts the pressure all on the other team to get 3 points somehow. Then you play defense and unless rc has called all of his timeouts ( which he has been having to do lately ) you get a look at a win even if tied.

Or they run the shot clock down so far that they take a rushed shot. It would appear getting to three up is the way to go.

I understand the extra shot being a bonus, but being up three is more valuable to me. Of course carter is saying being up 4 is even better.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 01-03-2013 at 01:56 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote