View Single Post
Old 04-10-2023, 09:43 AM   #152
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Alright folks, glad I stayed away for the weekend. Got what I wanted and that was maximizing the shot at the pick. Still work to do as there's always the (much lower now) chance that someone jumps ahead. But for the next month until the balls drop, that's what I'll presume.

Not sure some here are grasping the optionality that the pick offers. Some here are making posts and declarations that a rookie won't move the needle much. While I'd argue against that and even bring up the ole Bane supporters for that, why are you ignoring the fact that our tradeable assets just got a shot in the arm? I fully expect the Mavs to trade this pick for a "win-now" piece aka a vet with a proven skill set to fit with Luka and Kyrie. I haven't taken a dive into possible targets, but we would be wise to track both top 15 prospects and veteran trade targets.

I also see a lot of you bought into the new Timmy MacMahon. If you haven't seen that this guy has sold his soul to ESPN for probably 3 years running now, I can't help ya. Wayyyy too many other good follows than to have his drama king wannabe, stirring the pot "journalism" across my feed. Glad Luka called him out on it in his exit presser.

Time to retool, no time to dwell on this shitty season. My only hope is the gigantic amount of egg on the face of this owner and FO help them to recognize failures (words have been said but need action) and pivot to build a roster around Luka (and hopefully Kyrie) better. The single most important thing that has been said to this point is that they need to earn Luka's time here and that it's not given. Seems they understand this won't be Dirk 2.0 and they can't endure another cluster, at least not a season-long one.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote