View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 07:30 AM   #54
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
The Heat would be pretty stupid to blow their MLE at Caron, a player stuck on the positions behind Wade and James.

I expect them to blow the full MLE with Dalembert.
This. Why would they spend their best tool to get better on a 31-year-old man who would be the epitome of a backup player behind LeBron and Wade and thus couldn't impact their team as much as a new center or point guard could? They're in need of a decent big man and/or playmaker. The only way I could see Caron end up in Miami is if he was willing to play few minutes for no money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Corey, Rudy, Boobie and Ian all disagree with you.
One would hope that all these young guys are fired up and willing to contribute. However, as mentioned before, we'd be lucky to have just one of the four play at the level of a healthy Caron Butler. It's also worth noting again that Caron's the guy who'd allow us to limit Dirk's and Marion's minutes, something we'd definitely like to do.

Reportedly, the more punitive luxury tax won't be an issue until the 2013-2014 season, so there's no need to save money now. We could re-sign Chandler, Butler and Barea and still have a payroll that's significantly lower than last year's. Given that we have two more years until the new luxury tax comes into effect, why let a player go for no real reason?

Keeping the current team AND saving money in the process sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote