View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #56
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One would hope that all these young guys are fired up and willing to contribute. However, as mentioned before, we'd be lucky to have just one of the four play at the level of a healthy Caron Butler. It's also worth noting again that Caron's the guy who'd allow us to limit Dirk's and Marion's minutes, something we'd definitely like to do.

Reportedly, the more punitive luxury tax won't be an issue until the 2013-2014 season, so there's no need to save money now. We could re-sign Chandler, Butler and Barea and still have a payroll that's significantly lower than last year's. Given that we have two more years until the new luxury tax comes into effect, why let a player go for no real reason?

Keeping the current team AND saving money in the process sounds like a pretty good idea to me.
I was responding specifically to the claim that Caron was the only way the team could see any improvement, which is simply not true. That said, of course I'd like to see him back with the team.