View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #58
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
See: Miller, Mike
When they signed Miller last year, they only had James Jones as a backup for LeBron and Wade--and Jones had only averaged 14 MPG in 36 games in 2009/2010. A healthy and productive Miller seemed like a much better option coming off the bench back then. Now, with Jones looking like a better player and Miller maybe even being healthy, I'd be shocked to see them add another 2 or 3 for as much as the full MLE.

They desperately need a 1 or a 5 and I'd guess they'll address that situation with their MLE. Caron would have to be available on the cheap to make sense for them. Not that I necessarily expect them to be senseful. A Heat team with Caron and still no decent center or point guard wouldn't scare me too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
I was responding specifically to the claim that Caron was the only way the team could see any improvement, which is simply not true. That said, of course I'd like to see him back with the team.
Agreed. He's not the only option for us to get better, although I'd consider him the most likely option with the biggest upside. I don't see how Corey, Rudy or Ian could have as much of an impact as Caron and Roddy's not even healthy yet. Plus, Caron would allow Dirk and Marion to get extended time on the bench to rest their old bones which could be a huge plus in a short season with many games.

Last edited by dalger; 11-27-2011 at 12:40 PM.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote