View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 02:44 PM   #50
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
let's see, defense gets a 4% bump that will increase the salaries of our soldiers. are you against that?

the budget includes the actual costs of the iraq and afganistan conflicts. are you against that?

the budget forces the industries that put pollutants and particulates into our air to pay a cost. are you against that?

the budget increases the assistance provided to students who seek higher education. are you against that?

hhs gets reduced by almost 2%. are you against that?

a well crafted budget imo.

So what % is going to buying up banks? What about other failed private sector financial dealings? What about wasted spending on "Green" and "Global Warming"

Last I heard, this was like a kid over extending themselves only to have Mom and Dad bail them out...it's BAD Money Managment.

Heck only recently, did my own son have his car breakdown...the cost to fix it was abut $25 and some time to do the work. He didn't have the money...my wife and I did...but we told him no we wouldn't give him or even loan him the $25. Basically he has not made good decisions with his money and thus he needed to feel the consequences...his next paycheck, he used the money to get the part he needed, he then figured out how to fix it himself and guess what...he has started a savings account!!!

He actually got to feel the pain of bad decisions!!!

Now, are companies in serious pain...you bet they are. Are individuals at risk, saddly yes...but as long as the Government uses uncollected tax revenue to bail out bad decisions makers, we risk a much higher failure than is currently on the table.

After all, now the government owns 36-40% of some bank...forgive I forget which one was announced today, but this is a very BAD move.

As a general statement the government is icompetant and they are the last people I want getting involved in owning a bank.

It's already bad enough that they are stealing our hard earned dollars to cover a bankrupt social security system...now they are trying to steal the rest of our money.

What's happening in Washington is boardering on criminal...yet there is nothing we can do.

We now have Corrupt Chicago politics running the Nation.

It's crazy and worst part is that there are more than enough Democratic supporters who are burying their heads in the sand because they are too afraid to admit that they were and are WRONG!!!

I once heard that America would be destroyed from within, I never believed it was possbile until now.

We can only hope that if and when the Democrats get kicked out that we will be able to reverse the bad decisions being made...the very costly decisions!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote