View Single Post
Old 02-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #52
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
apparently you aren't against any of the items I mentioned above, but you are against giving anyone (including your kid) a helping hand.

good to know...

I'm not against giving a helping hand, provided that the need is first legit and 2nd that they will be responsible with the help.

My son has had more than his fair share of help from me...but this was an opportunity to parent and allow natural consequences to take their course. Imagine that, it worked...he's different for the experience and now he and I are both better off.

I never stated that I was for or against the items you listed...I would have to learn more about the bill and how those items are being carried out, as well as were are they getting the money to fund those things?

Truth be known, I haven't had a pay raise since 2001...so to give a raise just because some time has gone by doesn't work for me.

I'm not saying people shouln't get raises...but to arbitrarerly (SP?) give a raise because it's 2009 and you were with us in 2008 is foolish.

I'm more of a bonus guy...contribute to the bottom line, increase the profits and share the profits as bonus to those within the company.

How does that apply to the military...there are more than enough sufficient ways to provide incentives to soldiers to earn additional "Bonuses" If you want to get a raise on your base pay, then do what is needed to get promoted.

I would even argue to allow some additional options for exceptional Non-Coms to move into a commissioned role.

Ultimately, the responsibility comes down to the individual.

Don't get me wrong, if you and your democratic colleagues want to give me a handout, hey I'll be glad to receive a free gift with no strings attached...to do with as I see best. Just make sure you are not stealing it from a neighbor prior to giving it to me...I just might give it back to him.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote