View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #123
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

These days, I'm trying to stick to a routine with my eating...
Lunch - a salad for lunch every day.. Romaine lettuce (sometimes a little spinach), grilled chicken, tomatoes, onions, carrots, oil and vinegar dressing (salad always for lunch during the week)
Dinner - usually something grilled chicken breast related along with whatever veggie (usually broccoli, baked sweet potatoe fries or asparagus).. and maybe some rice or a bread.
Breakfast - a banana, carrots, peanuts, apple

Snacks
Fruits - mostly apples and bananas.. but also cantaloupe, watermelon, blueberries, strawberries and oranges. I pretty much eat a banana and an apple every day
Veggies - I'll eat carrots and tomatoes for snacks throughout the day. I'm trying to knock off a couple of Roma tomatoes every day during the work week (two as snacks and then whatever's on my salad as well).
Nuts - sunflower seeds or peanuts
Beans - I'll knock down a serving of pinto beans as a snack during the day usually in the mornings

Right now, I do allow myself a couple of cheat meals. I'll usually get pizza on Friday nights and maybe Chinesse on Sundays. For the most part, I'm eating pretty well (much better compared to a few months back).

I don't know if I could go full paleo.. I'm leaning towards that with the majority of my diet, but I can't quite commit 100% full time.

As for what I drink..well, I mostly drink water and unsweet tea. However, I do sneak the occasional Dr. Pepper which I need to cut out entirely. But, some habits die hard. I'm currently on a stretch of doing without Dr. Pepper. Sometimes I do put about 1/3rd of a cup of cane sugar into my gallon of tea just to give it a touch of sweetness.

I'm eating better.. I just need to keep it going. A big accomplishment for me is greatly reducing the amount of sunflower seeds that I eat. I just needed to lessen the sodium intake. It was a huge eye opener one day when I went out for a run in the morning.. had a bag of seeds.. went out for a run at about 3:00 on a hot day and had another bag of seeds on my way home from work.. well, when I got home from work, my lower legs were swollen. Obviously, it freaked me out a bit. The doctor just said that it can happen after you work out on a hot day and take in too much sodium. So, that was pretty much it for my eating of seeds. I've had that habit for 30 years. They're my favorite food, but they're out the door for the most part.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote