View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #63
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirobaito View Post
After completing the first half of this season of Walking Dead, I will say that this has been the best set of episodes the series has put forth, and I'm sort of looking forward to when it picks up again in February.

One episode left each of Homeland and Dexter. On Homeland... I thought the last half of last week's episode was great, but lord it feels like the series should end after one more episode. I have no idea what else they're going to do with what they have. Pretty much Saul needs to find a way to take down Estes and that will be that. However, there is still Emily Nussbaum's theory which you can look up that is intriguing to me.

Dexter... they were doing so well, and then the last two weeks they've just went totally off the rails. So disappointing. Dexter's decision to turn Hannah in just doesn't make a lick of sense on any intellectual level. Way to give to the police someone to whom you've revealed that you're a chronic serial killer.

I also just finished catching up on Game of Thrones. So tasty. I shouldn't, because I've got so many other things to read for school, but I'm tempted to pick up A Storm of Swords and read it. I listened to A Game of Thrones on audiobook on my 25-hour drive up here to Seattle (before having watched the show), and I figure season 2 of the show has given me A Clash of Kings pretty well, based on how similar the first book and first season were (that is, identical).
I think Homeland cleaned itself up quite nicely after that awful episode two weeks ago. I do feel like they're going to have to make a massive shake up to make season three compelling, but I thought that leading up to the end of Season 1, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

Walking Dead has been quality this season, as far as I'm concerned. Not great, and still many poor characters (Michone has been such a huge, huge let down, and so maddening), but they've killed off several of the worst characters and I'm a complete sucker for tv shows introducing actors that played my favorite characters on The Wire (Cutty from the Cut!).

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-13-2012 at 02:20 PM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote