View Single Post
Old 12-01-2019, 07:11 PM   #58
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Jax plays off-ball. He's a perfect fit here.

Barnes is a ball-dominant forward. Great guy, but bad fit next to Doncic.
Is that the story now? Last I heard, people (perhaps you) were saying that he was a skilled player (and a great guy), but a poor value with his contract.

Ball-dominant? I remember that he focused on scoring when he was the only threat they had, but I would not call him 'ball-dominant'.

Bad fit next to Luka? What kind of player is the right fit next to Luka? One who can hit the 3? Barnes does that. One who can score in the low post? Barnes does that. One who can get to the free-throw line? Barnes does that.

So what're the Mavs looking to upgrade this year? They're looking for a reliable second scorer, and they appear to need someone who could get baskets and/or FTs from easy shots inside. Unlikely that a Hardaway hot streak is going to carry them into the playoffs.

I don't think the Mavs ever intended to use that cap space; it was all about keeping payroll low to manageable.

In the end, it amounted to a Jackson-Barnes trade. Bad deal for the Mavericks.

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 12-01-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote