View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 12:14 AM   #116
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

AD ended the night with 50 pts 7 reb 6 ast 4 stl 1 blk 20-29 FG 10-10 FT. As that ridiculous as that stat line is, it actually doesn't do justice to how brilliant he was. What doesn't show up in the stat line- even with the 4 steals- is how much he controlled the game defensively, how many of his plays here hustle plays and momentum changers. The other thing that doesn't show up is how he utterly dominated KAT in the paint, and how well he carried the team when Lebron got in early foul trouble. At one point he got really loud MVP chants when he was at the line.

And I know I mentioned it earlier, but it really is interesting how completely in sync AD and Lebron are. Even though Lebron won 3 titles and went to 8 straight finals, I never felt that his game meshed this well with Wade or Kyrie, They both needed to handle the ball to be effective, so there was always a clash there. Lebron and AD got a real Stockton and Malone thing going.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote