Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2022, 09:41 AM   #78
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Yea, Brunson in the starting lineup was not the problem. I think he and Luka play very well together and would be fine if we can upgrade from Dwight freakin' Powell as the starting 5. It's difficult this year to do so, and the FO will have to get creative. But SD and THJ will be in the 2nd unit and be just fine.

I think what needs serious consideration in tweaking is the rotations. Playing Luka the entire 1st quarter and then having him sit for a long stretch in the 2nd was always weird and appeared to run him down. Sure, he can be in better shape, but I just think rotations could be a point of emphasis this offseason, especially accounting for THJ to be back. Then again, the roster could see a decent shakeup, just going off what we have now.

It would also be nice to add in some offensive wrinkles now that the defense has been brought up to speed. I get today's game, but there was too much reliance on ISO ball, whether it was Luka, Brunson, or Dinwiddie. Tough to score consistently in the playoffs if you can't (edited) run some set plays and have an efficient half court offense. Dribbling the air out of the ball and abusing PNRs cannot be a 100% of the offensive identity. It would help if our roll guy (Powell) doesn't disappear and get played off of the court.

Last edited by saclare; 05-31-2022 at 09:42 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote