View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 09:25 AM   #1436
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
That is easily the most insane overpay I've ever seen. If there's a more ridiculous trade in NBA history, I can't immediately think of it.
I think IF, IF you have Kobe Bryant and Jason Kidd on your roster and the last major piece before becoming a championship roster is rebounding and defense, then it's still a tremendous overpay, but maybe you do it.

But that's not what happened. The Wolves' roster is crap and one of their top two players already plays center. I know it's a hot take, but I think it could end up being the worst trade in NBA history both in terms of fit, talent exchange, and cost.

Sure, most FRPs don't amount to much as we saw with the Hawks-Mavs and Knicks-Mavs trades, but with that many unprotected picks and a high likelihood of the Wolves imploding, I'd say it's likely that we look at this trade in hindsight as one of the worst of all time.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-12-2022 at 09:31 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote