View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #100
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I also don’t see why, say, David Aldridge would be jealous of Dirk. I could be wrong but I don’t see it. And Rick Bucher, who I consider Dirk’s biggest critic over the years, has absolutely no reason to be jealous of him. He probably dislikes him because he’s not a very good analyst.
thank you for you thoughtful reply, dirno, I expected no less. But to this point...I don't know David Aldridge. I think he is a good basketball guy but I have no insight to what drives his intentions or what motivates him. For me to pretend like I do would be asinine. Rick Bucher is a brainless talking head who just spouts whatever is popular at the time...he is dumb, stupid, ignorant, and has NO basketball IQ. (I made myself smile with that one.)

Quote:
They always have a choice. That’s why nobody is ever unanimous. The two years before that they had a choice as to weather to vote him on to the first team or the second or third team. He finished ahead of some very good players these past three years and he couldn’t have done that if the media bias was as blatant as you say it is.
of course they literally have a choice...but in practicality they didn't have much. Dirk has outplayed anyone at his position and the success of his team as been amazing in the regular season. I think you may be reaching here...Dirk's numbers have been so wonderful and his team's success so focused on his own...it would be very hard for someone to have let him sink on those teams. That is, of course, my opinion.

Quote:
Do I think he’s been underrated for most of his career? Yes, I do. But over the past couple of years I’ve seen a lot of the disrespect subside.
interesting choice of word there...because I'd suggest that there is a huge difference between "underrated" and "disrespected". Underrated implies lack of correct perception...disrespecting implies personal dislike. I think Dirk has be shown both.
Quote:
You kind of have to look at the comments on a case by case basis and take into account who is making them.
I totally agree...and with some...it could be well reasoned criticism, with others it could be nationalism, with some it could overflow and backlash of Cuban dislike, and for some it could be because Dirk is a goofy white guy who hits shots better than anyone ever at his size...call it jealousy, racism, whatever.

Like I said and still maintain there is a reason that many in the national media dont like Dirk...and whatever reasons....."Dirk is Great"!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote