View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #111
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
You nailed it, that's the same exact thing I was trying to say and immediately I was given negative rep. I don't care though because it's the truth, people once used to call the mavs "soft white boyz". That right there should show how much people respect dirk. The fact imo is that Dirk is unstoppable but since he is white and a euro he will alway be called "soft". If Duncan was the one shooting 3's everyone would be praising him all the time but since it's dirk he is called soft. If you can't see that there is a bias against Dirk then I don't know what to tell you. Even Stack said it on a interview with Stephen A.Smith that the reason why the mavs are considered soft is because they have a jumpshooting euro player as their leader. And I will try to find the link of the interview just to prove it.
In fact Sheed shoots jumpers, spend little time on the block, is prone to many mental mistakes that cost his team (Game 5, 2005 Finals) yet all you hear about him is praise. KG isn't really a dominating force on the block either, does his damage from 10-15 feet mostly, kind of like the new Dirk. He has barely achieved any success with his teams, but he yells and screams. So he is tough. It's all about the rep that people wanna give you, and Euros in basketball will always be 'soft' cause they can't dunk like black American players.

Here's a great example I just though of. A couple of weeks ago there was a podcast on ESPN. It was a lengthy interview, discussion, between Bill Simmons and Rich Bucher (I realize people will say Rich has always hated Dirk and the Mavs but he is in the national media that spreads the rep around). They are talking about the West race, and then the conversation turns to Gasol and the Lakers. Who is their worst matchup, and Simmons says it's gotta be the Spurs. Bucher says it's true on theory, but he spend some time talking to Memphis coaches and they said that Gasol does well against Duncan. However he gets shredded by Amare and.... Dirk. Bill Simmons says that is true, he has seen it in both cases. And when Simmons admits that about Dirk, Bucher says "Yeah, go figure that one out right". I was like what the f......???? Where have you been you f.... moron. Have you seen the 06 playoffs, cause I know you could care less about international ball. And what the hell is that supposed to mean. Dirk is a top2 player at his position, and you say it's tough to understand how he owns other players that play there????

It was a huge sign of disprespect, and one that BS didn't even try to argue. That is what the media is telling people about Dirk this year. How come I never even hear his name in MVP dicussions after what he has done the last month. The Mavs are right there in the West, Dirk is playing amazing, but somehow Paul, McGrady, Bryant all get mentioned and Dirk doesn't even warrant a top 10 place??? But Dwight Howard does???
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote