View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #21
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Tough JoHo question to answer for a big man.

DALM there is a huge gap between Shaq and Dampier in talent. And Shaq is only 2 years older than Dampier, so odds are Damp doesn't have much time left. And even if we got Damp this year, there is no guarrantee that he would be able to do near as well in Nellie's system. He could very well revert back to the Dampier of old.

I don't think that Damp could but us over the top this year, because he would be too knew to the team come playoff time. We would needt to shoot for next year most likely. There's more to lead us to believe that Damp would revert to his old form next year than maintain his current form. And we have no idea how he would perform in the playoffs. But since we most likely will need to wait until next year when he has a full training camp and season to prepare for the playoffs, I have to ask would we be better with Ostertag and Howard or just Dampier. While Ostertag isn't a certainy, I would rate the odds of us getting him if we want him as much higher than Damp maintaining his current form.

If Dampier had more history of success, like Ben Wallace, then I'd say go for it. Bur right now it's too much of a risk.