View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #24
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog View Post
if the school offers vegetables, they are providing choices for the vegetarians and vegans.

if they aren't offering vegetables, they should.

vegetables are an important part of good nutrition.
Even in the stone ages when I was in school, vegetables were served with all meals. We didn't have breakfast at school back then. You ate breakfast at home. I don't think I ate a lot of vegetables for breakfast. But, anyway, the school meals always had vegetables...

so, the arguement you are making is without basis if you are saying that vegetables are missing in school lunches.

The article was not making the arguement you are making. the article was stating that a Vegan meal had to be an option. If you know what that means, then you understand that your arguement is not the same as the article (or the group's arguement in that silly ad). Vegans believe that meat should not be served. Thus, a Vegan meal would be all vegetables including those with protein as a substitute for meat.

That is entirely different and would constitute a significant increase in the bill for food at school. Vegan meat substitutes are not so cheap...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote