View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sig View Post
I watch all of the Indiana games and I'd be thrilled with Oladipo or Zeller. I don't think either will be available at 12 and I am not sure that Zeller will even be in the draft. Zeller is on track to graduate in 3 years so it would not surprise me if he returns to complete his degree which seems to be an importance to his family. Tough call for him.

Oladipo is only a junior but he is also on track to finish his degree in 3 years. I expect he leaves especially after his huge development in basketball skills over the last year and a half. He has always had explosive elite athleticism.

I'd certainly consider Noel around 12 if he is on the 4 board.

Fortunately or unfortunately the Mavs are so bad now they can draft any position. Smart and Porter are real high on my list. I follow a lot of Indiana basketball and the Big 10 and know about this Harris kid. Gary Harris is probably the next player who would interest me if he comes out. He is going to be a really good SG.

You can also try to work a deal to move up in the draft. If you use your cap space to eat a big contract maybe some team will pay you with a draft pick. Someone like the Wiz have to be tired of adding draft picks and if they could free up cap space and lure a good FA like Josh smith then maybe they would deal. Ariza and Okafor (who is playing well) will have 1 year left on their deals next summer. I suspect others may be willing to do that.

Would Detroit sacrifice their draft pick if you on Stuckey and Villaneuvue contracts. Those 2 have only 1 year left ont heir contracts next summer. Detroit would have a ton of cap space if that happened.
Dont see DET doing that. They just gave Chalotte a 1st to take Ben Gordon off their hands not too long ago.
Also i believe Okafor and Ariza are player options so one or both could opt out. Not likely but maybe they want to win?

Last edited by mac222b; 03-02-2013 at 03:43 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote