View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 08:14 PM   #17
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Kobe is battling injuries, we match up well with the Spurs, we already beat the Heat twice and Caron Butler's production is easily replaceable - we have as good a shot as any team in the league right now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I think that's the general idea when all pieces are rolling. Stevenson can set the table for Roddy and then move to the 3 when Marion needs to rest.
I'm afraid the scenario BG describes causes Underdog's assumption as it relates to our championship hopes to be less likely.

We could play Dirk around 38 minutes in the playoffs, let Marion back him up for 10 minutes and play him another 25 minutes at the 3. That would leave DeShawn to play 23 minutes at the small forward spot.

I'm not sure that's good enough to be a championship team. Our forward rotation wouldn't be as good as it was prior to Caron's injury, Marion and DeShawn would have to play out of position and we would be in major trouble with one of those three guys in foul trouble. Dirk has been in foul trouble before and it should happen to Marion and DeShawn as well due to them having to guard the other teams' best players.

Right now, I'm just "hopeful" we can win a ring with Dirk and Roddy back. Signing another small forward or combo forward would turn me into a "confident" fan.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote